We only currently accept payments made in Sterling.
Paying by Credit Card
We accept payment by most major credit or debit cards through our card acquirer, Worldpay. Please ensure that the expiry date of your credit/debit card is after the anticipated despatch date of your order. Payment will be debited from your account just before the despatch of your goods, and if your payment card has expired, we will be unable to take payment and fulfil your order.
All credit and charge card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by your card issuer.
- If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
- In the interests of preventing fraudulent use of credit, debit and charge cards, we will validate the names, addresses and other information supplied during the order process against commercially available records.
- We may instruct a third party to complete these checks. By ordering from our website boardmanbikes.com you consent to such checks being made.
- We may need to contact you by letter, telephone or email to verify details before we are able to process and dispatch your order or we may be unable to accept your order.
- Any information you give us may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of the information. All information provided will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. These measures are taken as extra protection for you, to ensure your online shopping experience with us is as safe and secure as possible.
The majority of card issuers cover all the charges that may result from unauthorised use of your credit card or debit cards, but some may limit your liability to £50. If you believe your credit or debit card has been subject to unauthorised use you should contact your card issuer without delay.
Paying by Paypal
How does it work?
On the payment page, select Paypal as your chosen payment methods and complete the requested detail fields with your account information. You will see all of your order details and be asked to confirm payment. On confirming payment you will then be presented with your order confirmation page on Boardmanbikes.com.
You will receive an email from boardmabikes.com confirming your order, and two further emails from Paypal, one notifying that you have authorised a payment on your Paypal account, and one to confirm payment once we have dispatched the order.
Terms and Conditions
Further Terms and Conditions on Purchasing with Paypal can be found at www.paypal.co.uk
Paying with V12 Credit Finance
We offer 0% interest fee finance for all purchases over £249.99 on boardmanbikes.com, through our credit partner V12 Finance. This means that you can spread the cost of your new bike, parts and accessories over a longer period of time, to make it more affordable. We also offer finance over longer terms at just 9.9% interest.
What can I buy?
Finance can be used to pay for any products when spending more than £249.99 in a single transaction.
What do I do and what do I need?
On the payment page, select V12 Credit Finance as your chosen payment method, and choose the credit term you require. A new browser window will open with a link to the V12 Finance Application Form. Complete the requested detail fields and click ‘submit’ to request finance. An instant decision will then be made by V12 Finance as to whether you meet the eligibility criteria – please note as Credit is provided by a third party we are unable to influence any decisions surrounding eligibility.
If for any reason credit cannot be offered, you can still check-out using any of the other options available including Card Payment or Paypal.
Who is eligible?
There are certain criteria you have to meet if you want to apply for finance:
You must be 18 years or over.
You must have an email account.
You or your partner must be in paid employment, retired with a pension, on disability benefit, or self-employed.
You must have been resident in the UK for at least 3 years and plan to continue residence in the UK.
You must have a debit or credit card in your name and registered to your address.
You must have a bank or building society current account available
Unfortunately, we can't offer finance to students or the unemployed. Please be aware that even if you meet all these criteria you may still be declined.
Who provides the finance?
Finance is provided by V12 Retail Finance Limited, who are owned by Secure Trust Bank PLC, registered in England and Wales 541132. Their registered office is:
One Arleston Way
For further information on V12 Finance’s Terms and Conditions, please click here.
How do I get a refund?
In the unlikely event that your purchase from boardmabikes.com is not suitable, simply complete the online returns form and follow the online return process. Any refunds will be made to the original payment account. For more information about online returns please click here.
V12 Terms & Conditions:
Finance is available on specified orders with a minimum loan amount of £249.99 and is subject to your status, please note that acceptance for finance is not guaranteed; see Eligibility for Finance.
We reserve the right to withdraw finance on certain products at any time.
Finance is provided through our external partner, V12 Retail Finance Limited ("V12"). If your application is successful you will enter into a Credit Agreement with Secure Trust Bank Plc, who is V12's parent company and which will be administered by V12.
V12 is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Secure Trust Bank Plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 204550.
Eligibility for Finance
You'll need to be:
- 18 years or older.
- A UK resident for 3 years or more/Permanent UK resident.
- Able to make regular repayments by Direct Debit.
- In regular employment (minimum of 16 hours per week) including self-employment, or in a permanent residence with your spouse/partner who's in regular employment*
- Have a debit card or credit card in your name and registered to your address and have a bank or building society current account.
Other conditions may apply and we cannot guarantee that your application will be accepted.
* If you are retired and receive a pension, or registered disabled and unable to work, V12 Retail Finance may ask for proof of income.
If your application is successful, you'll be asked to verify your identity by authorising a 50p transaction against a credit or debit card that you own. This helps protect you and us against fraudulent finance contracts. No money will be taken from your card, the details are only used to check that they are valid and registered to your address.
If your application is declined, it may be for one of the following reasons:
- you do not meet the eligibility criteria;
- adverse credit reference agency information;
- your credit score;
- you are considered to be overcommitted financially; or
- your existing account performance with other lenders.
If you wish to appeal the decision made by V12 Retail Finance, it's advised you obtain an up to date copy of your credit report before appealing directly to V12 Retail Finance. Due to data protection, all customer appeals must be via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or for more advice, call V12 Retail Finance on 02920 468916
Should you cancel your credit agreement and have already received products from us, then you will be liable to pay in full for the product (unless your cancellation rights apply).
Our customer services team is here to help. If you have any questions about our services, please contact our team here.